News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Grand European Cadillac Meet - Richelieu, France

Started by veesixteen, September 05, 2010, 02:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrefakis

looked like a great show,does anyone know if any 59 Eldo's were shown??
Looks like my old grey 69 Fleetwood behind those pretty red 70 convert's

dirkvandorst

No 59 Britzes @ the GE
Next GE will be in 2013 in Holland
See ya in hershey  , Dirk Van Dorst

Jim Thompson

Thanks for the pics. Looks like there are som beautiful Caddy's in Europe.
1946 Cadillac model 61 fastback

veesixteen

In many European countries (and especially in Switzerland, where I spent 40 years of my life), there are strict criteria to be met before a car may be declared roadworthy; this accounts for the high quality and reliability of those cars. As a non-mechanical person, I would hesitate less to buy an "old car" (Cadillac or other) in Switzerland than in the USA.  In SC, for example, where Gita and I emigrated in 1997, cars don't need to undergo a government-controlled technical inspection to be allowed on the road; I sometimes shudder to think of the mechanical condition (safety aspects) of some cars I encounter on the highways and byways of this great country. Another thing: in Switzerland, e.g., you cannot get tags for a car unless you provide adequate proof of insurance. In SC - and although it is illegal to drive without prper insurance coverage - I am required  to buy complementary coverage to protect myself from uninsured or under-insured drivers! In Switzerland, if you allow your insurance coverage to lapse, the DMV is immediately informed and your tags are seized until you get your papers in order again. You won't get very far down the street driving a car without tags!   
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"