News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac Ranch to see crusher

Started by DaveW, September 10, 2010, 04:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveW

David Whittaker
CLC #20768

1957 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
1958 Cadillac Series 70 Fleetwood Eldorado Brougham
1977 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

mrspeedyt

i found the yard location on google maps... hay lakes, alberta, canada..... start at edmonton... then look southeast to hay lakes... look southwest of hay lakes (town) 45 degrees...south of hiway 21... find louis lake... then just a little bit north of louis lake... looks like a bony arm and hand with 4 fingers toward the north. sad... so sad... :'(
s. twitchell

Jeff Maltby 4194

A&A auto parts in brentwood, calif claimed to have 1,300 at one time.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Eric S. Maypother #15104

Hopefully most of that can be salvaged, too bad it's so far, it certainly wouldn't economically be worth hauling the cars too far but maybe someone can salvage some of the rarer parts.

What even happened to the Cadillac Junk yard in Washington state that was for sale? I can't find the link to the site now.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

First,
Thanks to DaveW for posting this.
I & a major Cadiillac  parts vendor  talked today. We both agreed that this place was never a big supplier of parts in the boom of the 80's & 90's. Look at the cars. Most of them look untouched. So... unless someone like Brian Faull or maybe Eric goes out there & sends back a semi or box car of parts to the salt-belt, all those cars are gonna get crushed!
As far as the yard in Wa. state, DBaers, he's probably gone.  He got tired of waiting for a buyer that was serious.
That's how I see it.  Anyone else???
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Otto Skorzeny

Right. How many of us ever heard of the place until now? 

Who puts a junkyard 200 miles from nowhere in the Canadian prairie and expects to sell cars and parts?
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Derek Sherwood

OK, don't know why my previous post got deleted, but...

The guy can't be trying too hard to sell them to collectors, as the email given to contact him in the article bounced.  It's unfortunate.