News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

re - New Headliner Install into 61 Cadillac JOB COMPLETED

Started by Caddy Daddy, September 12, 2010, 11:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Daddy

Well I finished mine headliner on the weekend, all went well, took a few hours to do and still will leave it another few weeks for a final tighten up, but the pictures on the below link will show you pictures of what it looked like straight after I finished it, looks much better then the old lining, click on this link to see the installation pics

http://www.finsandflames.com/hoodliningreplac.html

Regards Milton Watkins
Milton Watkins

EldoradoRedd1

I redid my headliner in my Eldorado & it was alot easier than urs.
I see urs took alot more time & patience. Looks really good
S.Rhame

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Caddy Daddy,

The liner looks great. Yes, you could use a heat gun to stretch the fabric but I’d suggest something more like a hair dryer to guard against burning the material. However parking in the sun and waiting for the material to relax is an option. Where did you the replacement cardboard tacking strip to anchor the edges?

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Roger Zimmermann

Caddy Daddy, you may use a sponge with a little bit water and humidify the places where you have too much material. The material may get tighter when dry.
I got this tip from the man who installed the headliner in my '56 de Ville.
Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Jeff Wilk

Ralph, I just got the tacking strip for my headliner in the 59 from Restoration Speciaties.  They sell three different sizes so a little creativity in building up(or cutting down) to the size needed is required.

Jeff

Quote from: Ralph Messina CLC 4937 on September 13, 2010, 07:18:12 AM
Caddy Daddy,

The liner looks great. Yes, you could use a heat gun to stretch the fabric but I’d suggest something more like a hair dryer to guard against burning the material. However parking in the sun and waiting for the material to relax is an option. Where did you the replacement cardboard tacking strip to anchor the edges?

Ralph

"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville