News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Carb return springs 55 Caddy

Started by Bob Kielar, September 16, 2010, 08:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

Hello:
           My return springs on my Carter carb I know can not be hooked up correctly. They have one big spring going to the intake manifold held there with a big tie wrap. The other looks correct. If someone could take a photo that would be great.

Thanks Bob
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Bob Kielar

Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

John Washburn CLC 1067 Sadly deceased.

Bob,

Are we speaking of a single 4 barrel setup?

If so the return spring is on the fire wall at the fitting where the accelerator rod goes. Folks added springs to the front for some reason, not original.

I don't have a 55 but the 53 and 56 are the same, for a single carb setup. So can send a picture, but bet your original spring is still there.

The Johnny
John Washburn
CLC #1067
1937 LaSalle Coupe
1938 6519F Series Imperial Sedan
1949 62 Series 4 Door
1949 60 Special Fleetwood
1953 Coupe DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille
1992 Eldorado Touring Coupe America Cup Series

Bob Kielar

John,
           I have a single 4 barrel Carter carb maybe the original is weak I will take the front one off and see what happens. A photo would be nice. Thanks for the reply.
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Bob Kielar

I took off the front spring and everything works fine and the gas pedal is much more easy to push down. I did spray the carb linkage with some oil maybe this freed things up enough so I will not need to use the front spring.
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood