News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Trico Wiper Motor Question for 56 Cad

Started by FabCad, September 17, 2010, 02:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FabCad

This may sound like a stupid question, but what's the best way to connect the wiper control cable to the wiper motor? (Mine does not have a coordinator.) I see where the cable mounts to the motor, but how do you connect the end of the wire to the mechanism that turns the vacuum on and off?  See photo below....
1948 Sedanette
1949 Convertible
1950 Convertible
1957 Biarritz
1960 Convertible

Roger Zimmermann

Your wiper motor has a coordinator. This is the round thing on the right of the picture.
Your wiper motor is missing a screw and a small plate to hold the cable. When you have that, you will understand how to connect it.

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

57flw

Hi Fab,

As Roger said, you are missing a couple of bits.
Perhaps a photo of what is in my 1957 will help.

Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia
1957 Series 60 Special Fleetwood

FabCad

Thanks for the clarification.
I think my biggest problem is the plastic piece that the end of the cable pushes on to engage the motor broke off.
1948 Sedanette
1949 Convertible
1950 Convertible
1957 Biarritz
1960 Convertible