News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Clark Street History

Started by Jeff Maltby 4194, September 17, 2010, 11:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

EAM 17806

JEFF!  You just brought back old beautiful memories with these Clark Street pictures. My older sister lived in Detroit not too far from Clark Street and my nephews and I used to play all around Clark Street and when they grew up they went to work there for GM.  My parents use to drive us all to Detroit from Rhode Island every summer for many years and when I got married my family did the same thing. They were enjoyable times. Thanks for the pictures Jeff.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Bruce Berghoff-#1476

Back in the late 1950's and early 1960's I called on Cadillac's Sales Promotion Staff located at the Clark Street Headquarters Building almost every week representing the H.B. Stubbs Co. and later my own exhibit & display building company, Design Origins,Inc. of Royal Oak, MI. Between these two companies we designed and built almost  all of Cadillac's Dealer Announcement Shows and National Auto Show materials during this period.
    Because Cadillac had no official vendor's off-street parking lot, salesmen and women were relegated to finding curbside parking in city designated areas on Clark Street . Late one afternoon I returned outside from a show meeting to discover my car missing from its curbside spot. I remembered I had been the last vehicle before the "No Standing" sign. Upon reporting my vehicle stolen I was informed it had been impounded by the local precinct for improper parking in the No Standing Zone.
    Apparently someone desiring two spaces decided to push my car back a space which got my car a $200 trip to the car pound.  Fond memories of Clark Street !