News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Parking light outage question

Started by 68DevCon, September 22, 2010, 01:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68DevCon

On my 68 Deville, the parking light is out, but the turn signal works.  It's the same light and same bulb.  Any idea how to fix this?

thanks

s. o'rorke

Glen

Actually the turn signal and parking lights use different filaments in the same bulb.  Changing the bulb will probably fix the problem. 

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Steve W

Check the wiring first. You'll notice the wires and connectors up front on either side of the radiator support. I thought I blew a bulb as well, untill I started messing with the wires and cleaned the connectors.
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

bcroe

Sometimes those earlier cars have a problem with pressure on the bulb contact.  i finally fixed that on some by building up the solder bumps (base of the bulb) a lot higher than normal.  Bruce Roe

dudley peters #25677

sir,  does your 68 have the sentinal setting on the light switch?   I believe that if you manually turn on lights then the yellow markers will come on at that time and will blink for signal.  But if the lights are turned on by the sentinal (comes on when it gets dark enough out) then the yellow markes lights do not illuminate at all but do blink on signal 
Try it out and see if im on track
Just an idea
Dudley
Dudley Peters