News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Trunk Seal (Rubber Weatherstripping) for 1932 and 1933 Cad & LaSalle

Started by shammatt, October 02, 2010, 05:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shammatt

The Cadillac Part No. is 893391 (Group No. 3.0797) and is the same for a number of models:  LaSalle Models 345BC Series 672.  Cadillac Series 4985, 5085, 8-222, 12-222 and 16-222.  All of these cars apparently have the vertical style trunk with lid that seal both on top and upper front.  If you know of a source for this specific replacement rubber sealing (weatherstripping) please advise.  If you happen to have a piece of the old, original seal material, I'd like to borrow same to have a extrusion die made to duplicate the correct cross-section and then run some lengths.  I've done this before, specifically for the windshield to cowl seal for the 1914 Cadillacs.  Please let me know if you've got an original piece so that this project can go forward. 
Super thanks, 
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com
www.earlycadillac.org
www.brassbuicks.org

shammatt

Still looking for an "original" sample.  Hope someone has a piece.  I thought I had received one, but everything is in storage and I'd really like to work on this project.  Super thanks.
Steve
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com
www.earlycadillac.org
www.brassbuicks.org