News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Coupe de Ville horn not working

Started by greybeard, October 02, 2010, 05:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greybeard

There is 12V @ the horn, 12V @ the horn relay, 12V @ the neutral safety switch.  From there, the wiring diagram shows a black wire on the opposite side of the neutral safety switch going to the horn to complete the connection (ground).  I can't see the black wire & assume it plugs into the back side of the relay, which is attached to the column (I wasn't real excited about trying to remove it due to cramped quarters) then runs up the inside of the column. If that is correct, I have a problem @ the horn ring, but don't want to just start tearing things apart.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Don Sylvia, Campbell, CA

Dave Shepherd

The wire that goes up the column to the horn conact is what grounds the horn relay and powers up the horns,