News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1947 Cadillac Series 75 Question

Started by Jeff Kay CLC#7630, October 08, 2010, 12:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Kay CLC#7630

I need to pick someone's brain...

My friend just purchased a 1947 Cadillac 7533 with division window and jump seats. 

The build plate shows the car as:

Body: 825
Trim: SO 825
Paint: 7UK

I recommended that he obtain the Build Sheet though the club, but I thought I'd post the information to see if anyone could help me decipher the codes.  I do not know too much about SO cars.  I have attached a photo of the build plate.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jeff Kay  CLC#7630

Philippe M. Ruel

My parts book lists several dozens of 1947 SO (special order) Series 75 funeral cars, ambulances, "special buses" and unidentified coachworks on 163" wheelbase frames.

Listing reads by engine numbers, so engine number is necessary to make sure. I guess the same number was stamped on Cadillacs engine and frame at that time.
1952 60 Special in France.

Jeff Kay CLC#7630

My friend has sent me the VIN for this Cadillac.  The VIN is 3423797.

Any help in learning more about this vehicle and it's Special Order status would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff Kay
CLC# 7630

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Jeff,
There's only one way to know for SURE what the SO means. Get an invoice. BTW, it has nothing to do with special bus or commercial chassis.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.