News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Grand European Meet - Richelieu, France (more photos)

Started by veesixteen, October 10, 2010, 08:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

These photos were added by Gabi and Michael Kaufholz, participants from Germany with their 1965 Eldorado.

http://www.cadillac-spangenberg.de/Cadillac_Grand_European_2010.htm
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

veesixteen

The Grand European Cadillac Meet in Touraine, France was covered by a professional photographer (Jean-Louis Laurence) who even took some aerial shots from a low-flying helicopter.

Here's the URL of his web site (shop).  You van view many of his photos there and even order CDs of the event:

http://www.boutique-touraine.com/category.php?id_category=24

You may even contact JL by eMail here:

jillagronomeemail addresses not permitted

Ordering is quite straightforward, however, if you need any help with the French, pls let me know.

Rod Dahlgren #19496

What is the date of the next event in France?  I have heard two different dates...
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

Quentin Hall Australia

Wow I had never seen this rare model of the "59 Cadillac Escargot" before. . . .  ??? ::) :-[ :'( :o

Quentin Hall Australia

Rod Dahlgren #19496

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

The next Grand European Meet will be in 2013 -- not in France.  Location is
still being discussed.

Mike Josephic
VP, International Affiliates
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Rod Dahlgren #19496

Thanks!

I had been told the 2013 meet would be in France.. Was hoping that was correct.. I have been speaking with guys in Sweden and Germany about all of us doing a tour in 2013 with some others that we know... There are five 54 Eldorados a 54 convert, 54 coupe and two 60 Biarritz all ready to head to France.... Guess we need to cool our jets..  I have attended the event in years past and FINALLY have the guys up in Sweden ready to make the big trip.....

Three of the 1954 Cadillacs all belonged to one long-time WOMAN Cadillac Club member. She passed away a few years ago and we were fortunate to purchase her two 54 Eldorados and the 54 coupe. The Eldos have been restored and the coupe will be done in time for a 2013 event... 

Roger Zimmermann

Mike, at the end of the meeting in Richelieu, it was said that the next GE would be in the Neetherlands.
OK, 2013 is far away...

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

veesixteen

...which means you won't have to drive so far! The French meet will be hard to beat ... but those Dutch fans have a few tricks up their sleeve! They even showed us a couple in Richelieu (like clog-dancing!)

Rod Dahlgren #19496

They will need to work very hard to convince me that the Loire area or anywhere in southern France can be outdone!

One year I did this, I went to Germany and got together with about 30 Cadillacs and we drove to Langeais. NEVER got onto any major highways.. All through small villages and took a slow scenic route. Took three days to drive and stayed in some fantastic historical villages. With all the Cadillacs of the 50's and 60's we were greeted with fanfare at each stop.

My wife and I were in a red 59 convertible. In our group, we had a Marylin Monroe double in a black 59 Cadillac convert in the group and the French Men were all over here at each stop! Marylin (Lisa Pik) always wore period correct outfits as Marylin wore in here movies and was at all times "In Character".........

Time for us all to do it again!