News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

57 wiper system

Started by Peter Nieuwlandt, October 19, 2010, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Nieuwlandt

Hi

The wiper system  on my 1957 Cadillac , wich is mounted under the dash (  left and rigth axle shafts,wheels and cables)is severly messed up.
The former owner had trouble with it and had a "mechanic" work on it.
I took apart the dash and found that the cables have been cut,the wheels are missing parts and bits and the left side shaft (steering wheel side) is really messed up.

So I'm looking for a complete system from a donor car.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Peter

CLC 17863
Peter Nieuwlandt
CLC 17863

cadparts58

Peter,
  I have the left and right 1957 transmissions. The cables are intact and all the parts for the transmissions are on it. If you want I can email you direct with pictures. Asking $50 for the pair. Also 1958 transmissions will not fit without modification because the shaft diameters on the 1958 is larger. Hope this helps. Frank Puma #10721
Frank Puma #10721

Peter Nieuwlandt

Hi Frank,I emailed You on the transmissions

Peter
Peter Nieuwlandt
CLC 17863

cadparts58

Peter,
My email has changed and I forgot to update it on the message board. It's fpuma49@verizon.net Sorry about that
Frank Puma #10721

Peter Nieuwlandt

Frank

I emailed You at Your new adress

Peter
Peter Nieuwlandt
CLC 17863

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Peter:

You have email.

Bill Hedge  CLC #14424
Forum Administrator

57flw

Hi Peter,

I don't know if you need this or not but I have provided a photo of the cable sysytem from my 1957 Fleetwood.

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia
1957 Series 60 Special Fleetwood

Peter Nieuwlandt

Bill

I 've been trying to change it for several times now, but it won't go through...............?????

The password wich I noted down when I created the profile won't work !!!

Can You help???? I'm trying to get it rigth but I guess I'm a little better at Cadillacs than computers....................

Peter Nieuwlandt

CLC 17863
Peter Nieuwlandt
CLC 17863

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Peter: 

I just saw your message and your issue should be resolved soon.

Bill Hedge, CLC #14424
Forum Administrator

Peter Nieuwlandt

Peter Nieuwlandt
CLC 17863

Peter Nieuwlandt

Thanks Ken

Yes Your picture is helpfull

Peter
Peter Nieuwlandt
CLC 17863

Bill Balkie 24172

Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Peter Nieuwlandt

Thanks to the guys that helped out in getting me the parts that I needed to repair my wiper system.
Only now I find out that I will need the wiper arms too !!!!
I guess they got damaged when the previous owner tried to "fix" the problem.....
So if anyone has or knows where to get two nice wiper arms for a 57 or 58 please let me know !!!!

Thanks again

Peter

CLC 17863
Peter Nieuwlandt
CLC 17863