News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

to restore cadillac 1950 75serie

Started by Caddy1950, October 21, 2010, 02:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy1950

nobody to help me  :'(

Christian (france)
Christian Menuet

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Philippe M. Ruel

My friend Christian bought this car as it was undergoing partial restoration, i.e. body dropped from frame and lots of parts everywhere. The car was delivered to him with bare, swiss-cheese-like body resting on its repainted frame, used bolts and a few rubber square bushings being in a plastic pouch.

We had a look under my own '52 Fleetwood Series 60, that has never gone under any frame-off restoration to my knowledge. We noticed that some body bolts were paired with a rubber bushing, and some weren't, the body being bolted to the frame with no obvious insulation. But Series 60 and Series 75 don't have the same frame brackets amount or location, so we didn't know for sure where he should put insulation.

My parts manual lists "body bracket shims" (group 3.0015), "body bolt cushions" (group 3.0033) and "body bracket pads" (group 3.0074). There is no schematics of their installation pattern. The manual mention the amount of each part needed on 1952 cars, but not on earlier ones - most of the times, it only reads "AR", probably meaning "as required" :( .

My 1952 shop manual lists frame brackets and bolts without mentioning the type of insulation. Some frame brackets locations are even different between 1952 Series 75 on the shop manual and his own 1950 Series 75 car.

I even have a vintage 1950 multi-brand blueprint book, that gives many frame dimensions depending on Series, but with only one illustration for all Series of 1950 Cadillacs.

So, if anyone owns a correct 1950 Series 75, or knows of a book or web page dedicated to body-to-frame bushings on this model, please give him a hand ;).
1952 60 Special in France.