News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Leaky '67 fuel inlet block

Started by JohnBryan21196, October 21, 2010, 09:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBryan21196

1967 CDV, fuel inlet "block" leaks around the round portion, see photo. This is the second carb I've had leak here. The previous owner had an epoxy-like fix, which eventually leaked in the same manner as mine does now.

Anyone experience this, and what's the best fix?

Thanks,
JB #21196

Dave Shepherd

I use slow set JB weld for this issue.

JohnBryan21196

I'll try it and see what happens. I really don't want to drill and tap it for fear of creating a bigger problem. I take it JB Weld is gas-proof?

TJ Hopland

I think I have been using the marine version of JB weld.  Not sure what the difference is but I does not seem to have issues with gas.   The ethanol found in most of todays fuels does not help the corrosion issue that starts these leaks.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

JohnBryan21196

Tried the JB Weld Marine formula and it worked like a champ. Thanks for the advice.