News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

OLD Membership Directories (1963)

Started by shammatt, November 05, 2010, 12:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shammatt

I'm trying to find a copy of the CLC Membership Directory from 1963 (assuming there was a directory in that time period.  I'm trying to find the owner of my car which I can trace to a receipt in the glove box from OKLA in 1963.  Anyone know if there were printed directories?  And, if so, how do I find one?  The car is a 1932 LaSalle Town Coupe and the receipt was from Tulsa.  Super thanks.
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com
www.earlycadillac.org
www.brassbuicks.org

Terry Wenger

Steve:

I have both the 1962 and 1963 CLC directories and the 1961 and 1963 Classic Car Club of America directories. There are no '32 LaSalles listed in Oklahoma in any of the four directories. Both clubs were fairly new at that time and many owners of those cars did not know about joining them.

Terry
Terry Wenger CLC #1800
tewv16@sbcglobal.net
1932 355B TSD
1939 7557
1940 60S
1941 60S
1947 6267 Conv.
1949 6207X Coupe
1963 60S

shammatt

Terry
Thanks for checking.  I thought the chances would be slim, but it was worth a try.  The car was in a museum since 1970 and the museum is now closed and the owner (at the time of purchase of the LaSalle) is deceased.  I've talked with his son, who is now 53 years old, and he remembers his dad purchasing the car and it was the son's job to clean it up.  He recalls being 13 years old at the time.  Unfortunately there are no paper records left from the museum.  Now my next step is to try and find someone familiar with the antique car scene in the Tulsa area in the 1960s.
I appreciate your efforts.
BTW, the "cash" receipt from Tulsa Screw Products was dated 5/13/63 for
4ea  5/16 - 18 NC Acorn Nuts(Cad Plated) for 4 cents each
8ea  5/8 - 11 NC Acorn Nuts (Cad Plated) for 36 cents each
plus sales tax of 2%
Don't think we'll see those prices again<grin>

Steve
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com
www.earlycadillac.org
www.brassbuicks.org

Steve Hammatt

Ooops, that should have read 18 cents each.

"8ea  5/8 - 11 NC Acorn Nuts (Cad Plated) for 18 cents each"