News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hood vent/portholes on 46ish Cadillac.

Started by Volvadi, November 04, 2010, 01:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volvadi

Hi,   I am new to this forum and don't have a Cadillac right now, but I have had a few and do still love them.  My Dad had a '47 Sedanette when I was in Junior High in the early 70's, so I've always appreciated the oldies but wish I new more about them. 

I found what I'm guessing is a 46ish 62 series in a local junkyard.  The vents on the hood have really been bothering me.  Does any one know of their origin?

Here is another similar car in the same yard.

Thanks in advance for any comments. 

Greg Brown

Greg Brown

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Greg,

They look aftermarket to me. I just took a quick look at the Cadillac Database and didn't see any models with portholes. Maybe some previous owner was a Buick fan, liked the look  and added them to his cadillac. Who knows?

Paul
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Volvadi

Thanks Paul,  I spent hours on Google trying to find what car they came from, but never did.   You must be right about them being aftermarket.

Greg,
Greg Brown