News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Correct seat belts for a 1962 Eldorado

Started by arthur tascone, November 08, 2010, 04:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arthur tascone

Hi All,

I have a 62 Eldo with bucket seats.  It has seat belts.....but I do not know if they are factory.  Do factory seat belts have an insignia on them?  Mine say only  "release" on the leading edge and do not have an insignia.

Thanks for your insight

Jeffrey Burland

I believe '64 was the first year with insignia. They were rare and generic as they were mostly a dealer option. Nuts may have been welded in the correct places and capped. Even when you did order them, it was only for the front seats and the rear were separate. I'm curious, does the job look factory from underneath ? HTH, Jeff
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

The Tassie Devil(le)

Seat Belts for 1962 were a "Dealer-installed" option, and from the picture I have, even thought it is only a diagram, doesn't show any insignia on the lever at all.   Just a "V" shaped pressing into the release lever, with the widest points of the "V" at the outer sides of the end of the flap, and the closest point of the "V" about 1/2" apart, so it really couldn't be called a "V".

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Chris Conklin

Hope this picture is clear enough, had to re-size it  bit.
Chris Conklin