News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1950 windshield washer mechanism ?

Started by bill gross, November 14, 2010, 08:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill gross

Does any one have a description of how the windshield washer mechanism on a 1950 caddy is assembled/works?  Mine is in parts and i dont understand how to rerassemble it and make it work.  Thanks

Philippe M. Ruel

There is no real "mechanism" in the windshield washer.

If you wonder about the windshield wiper, here is a schematics of cable routing (for passenger side - drivers side uses a similar pattern). Hope this helps.
1952 60 Special in France.

wm gross

thankyou for this, but what i really need to know is how to reassemble the windshield washer bottle/mechanism i have that is currently in pieces

Quote from: Philippe M. Ruel on November 15, 2010, 01:10:59 AM
There is no real "mechanism" in the windshield washer.

If you wonder about the windshield wiper, here is a schematics of cable routing (for passenger side - drivers side uses a similar pattern). Hope this helps.

Jack Mcilwraith

Bill, I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but here is a diagram I made of a dis assembled unit.

bill gross

Wow, this is really helpfull. I think this will do it. Thank you very much!

Jeff Maltby 4194

Bill. Are you sure you have an oem 1950 bottle/pump ?

Here's what a 56 pump/lid looks like, similiar to Jacks photo.

PS ! McVeys sells rebuild kits from 50-up.

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Jack Mcilwraith

Bill, so you don't get confused-here are the pumplids/setups for various years.

Jeff Maltby 4194

1950-53 pump ?
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500