News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

VII

Started by gerald ross, November 18, 2010, 02:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerald ross

I have question for you erudite members of the community:  What is the significance of the gold roman numeral 7 badge on the grill of my 1990 brougham.  someone told me that it's there on my particular car (not orig owner) to signify that this was the seventh caddy bought by the original owner.  as it ihappens to be my seventh cadillac that story thrilled me, but seeing several other '90s era broughams with the same badge i'm beginning to wonder.  does anyone out there know the truth?
anxiously,
jr

quadfins

Yes, those are the "Heritage of Ownership" badges that were sold as a (very expensive) accessory to new car owners, to signify the number of Cadillacs that they had owned.
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

okccadman

When I worked atthe dealership from 1992-1996 they were a giftto all Cadillac owners for free with your purchase.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

The Tassie Devil(le)

Sounds to me like a bit of "Snob" value.   Or, "I am rich"?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Davidinhartford

Indeed they were free.  But only to new Cadillac buyers.  I tried to buy one back then (for a late model used Cadillac) and the dealer couldn't help me.