News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

61 Cadillac at Lakeside Raceway, fun on track, all American day in Australia

Started by Caddy Daddy, November 28, 2010, 01:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Daddy

Hey everyone, had a great day ay the Thanksgiving Day, All American Day, took our 61 Cadillac along for a burn around the race track, I am sure all the drums were glowing red hot under my smoothies, as a few corners were hair raising with little or no brakes, but had a ball all the same, and the Caddy made it home without a scratch and still running, just with a little less gas and little more use on the old brake shoes. To see the Caddy do its thang, click on this link to You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_DK2-3POjs

Regards Milton Watkins
Milton Watkins

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

mike mason

The Tassie Devil(le)

More power. ;)   429 against a 390?

Or, had done fewer laps and his brakes actually were still working ;)

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Caddy Daddy

I had more power, he had more brakes, plus I had a big weight issue, around 1/2 a ton of people in my caddy plus I was in LPG mode, if I had switched her over to petrol I would of increased my power again by around 15 to 20 percent, but I am glad I didn't as what was left of the brakes, I most likely would of been towed home, as the journey was around 90 minutes or so in heavy traffic.
Milton Watkins