News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Photos of 1941 throttle return spring connections for manual trans car needed

Started by Scott Anderson CLC#26068, December 02, 2010, 11:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

My '41 with 3 speed manual has an incorrect throttle return spring setup and I'd like to put it back to stock after receiving my carburetor back from the rebuild shop. Trouble is I don't have a 'model' to look (at or diagram to work with - I do have the shop manuals and authenticity manual).

Making it harder is that when I got the car it had somthing of a hacked setup - the existing spring is an art project and somewhere along the line the motor even ended up with a hydramatic car's distributor. So I'm not sure where / how each end of the spring connect up to the carb and wherever the other end should properly be attached to on a manual car since it's presently on a bracket on the hydramatic style distributor.

It's not rocket science, just need to see what it is supposed to be like. I've had some kind folks try to tell me but it's just so much clearer to see it. Would it be possible for anyone to post or email me photos of how to correctly connect this up?

Thanks very much in advance,
Scott Anderson
1941 Cadillac 6267X Convertible Coupe
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Scott: Attached pictures should help you. One end of the throttle return spring goes around the adjustable trunnion on the end of the throttle relay rod. The other end of the spring connects to the end of a small bracket which is attached underneath the inside bolt head that holds the cross exhaust manifold to the left exhaust manifold.

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Hi Bill

Thank you so much for your response, the photos are just what I needed.

Incidentally I do apologize for the couple of days between your reply and this note, long and not very interesting story short it's been an interesting past few days.

Take care and thanks again
Scott
1941 Cadillac 6267X Convertible Coupe
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe