News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I need help: Cadillac 1964 "The Apollo".

Started by Cadillac1955, December 04, 2010, 12:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac1955

Today I saw a very nice Cadillac 1964. The owner told me it is an orginal "The Apollo" car??
Please,help me with any pictures or history.... Custom made or what?? Orginal GM Promotion car???

andreaga@broadpark.no

All the best,
Andrè
[/img]
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

okccadman

very unusual car.  Ive never seen or heard of an Apollo.  I like the reduced Limousine Style rear window and smaller quarter windows.  Almost looks like a Derham conversion.  Do you have any info from the data plate?
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Cadillac1955

I get this data plate information, the next week ... Seller says it is a Apollo and it says "The Apollo" in chrome written on the back of the car ... The seller has owned the car for 15 years ... I read that all these promotional cars had vinyl roof ... I have been told that it is a promotional vehicle, but I'm not sure ... do you have any pictures or history? I really need help now .......
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Conv. 1965

Rich S

It appears to me the car could be a Derham customization of a Coupe, (although I think Derham would have fitted the rocker molding more nicely) or possibly it is a Convertible with one of the popular "after market" hardtops that were sold for the full-sized GM convertibles during that era, although it looks slightly different, it is just a thought? For example, here is a 1963 Convertible fitted with one of the "after market" hardtops:

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Cadillac1955

Many thanks...... Maybe its a convertible??

Andrè Aga

Cadillac Conv. 1965

Cadillac1955

Andrè Aga

Cadillac Conv. 1965

Joe Manna

Very nice car.A friend of mine's cousin has a 64 Eldo ragtop with a removeable HT.Although,I have not seen it up close.I will inquire about it.Hopefully,will have some more info.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Mike Welch

Never heard of one either. Im guessing, and i might be wrong, A dealer added this on.
Mike Welch
The Original 63 & 64 Cadillac Community
Serving 63 & 64 Enthusiasts SINCE 2000
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Cadillac_6364_club/

Cadillac1955

The car bellow is an Apollo??? It looks very similar......

Andrè Aga

Cadillac Conv. 1965

veesixteen

That car (rear view, small rear window) is not "The Apollo" but the "Florentine",  a custom job by Fisher/Fleetwood shown in 1964 at the New York's World Fair in GM's Futurama Pavilion at Flushing Meadows; the "Florentine" was the first Cadillac show car since the 1959 Cyclone; it was a custom 2-door hardtop with formal roofline, narrow rear quarter window that retracted into the upper rear roof quarters [like the 1960 Eldorado Brougham]; the metal roof had a vinyl-suede roof covering; the bucket seats featured high backs and were upholstered in embroidered leather; car had full rear wheel openings and wire wheels; all exterior hardware was removed, including the door handles. I think the car which is the subject of this thread is a semi-professional (perhaps even amateur) "custom" in which neither Fisher nor Fleetwood were involved. The script name plate on the rear deck does not resemble any used by Cadillac in that time period.  Can't wait to hear more aboot that "apollo".
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Davidinhartford

I have to agree with Yann.   The Florentine is the only 1964 show car that I know of either.   

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

This car started life in  Firemist blue paint with white leather buckets. I don't have the accessory codes but someone will. It's a fairly late production car. The work was not factory.
HTH,Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

R Schroeder

Here is a list that I found.
The 64 is listed there.
Roy

Concepts, prototypes
Cadillac V-16 Aero coupe â€" 1933
Cadillac Caribbean, Coupe de Ville, El Rancho, Embassy â€" 1949
Cadillac Debutante â€" 1950
Cadillac custom roadster for Bill Boyer â€" 1951-52
Cadillac Eldorado and Townsman â€" 1952
Cadillac Le Mans and Orleans â€" 1953
Cadillac El Camino, La Espada, Park Avenue â€" 1954
Cadillac Celebrity, Eldorado Brougham, La Salle II, Eldorado St. Moritz, Westchester â€" 1955
Cadillac Castilian, Gala, Maharani, Palomino, Eldorado Brougham and Eldorado Brougham Town Car â€" 1956
Cadillac Director â€" 1957
Cadillac "Rain Car" and 4-door Eldorado Seville â€" 1958
Cadillac Cyclone â€" 1959
Cadillac 4-door phaeton â€" 1960
Cadillac Florentine â€" 1964
Cadillac CART-PPG â€" 1985
Cadillac Voyage â€" 1988
Cadillac Solitaire â€" 1989
Cadillac Aurora â€" 1990
Cadillac Evoq â€" 1999
Cadillac Vizon â€" 2000
Cadillac Imaj â€" 2001