News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

HELP! Part # for 1962 Jetaway!!!!

Started by electric_cosmonaut, December 09, 2010, 06:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric_cosmonaut

So I have been searching and thus far come up empty handed. Does anyone know the OEM part number for the Inner Limit Valve Spring from the coupling body in a 1962 Cadillac Jetaway transmission? Mine has gone missing and is holding up re-installation of the transmission!

Anyway thanks in advance,
Joe
Joe McDonald

1965 DeVille Convertible
IG: @electric_cosmonuat

Dave Shepherd

Try Fatsco transmissions in NJ, they have an online site

electric_cosmonaut

Thanks, I forgot about Fatsco, I'll give them a call tomorrow. I tried Dave Edwards at www.autotran.us/index.html but without the OEM number he has no way to reference the part in his numerical system.
Joe McDonald

1965 DeVille Convertible
IG: @electric_cosmonuat

Dave Shepherd

BTW, Cadillac never used the Jetaway it was a Hydramatic.

Jeffrey Burland

Right you are Dave, but we know what he's talking about. Joe, Are these the two springs on the front side of the driven torus ? If so, they're GM # 8616020. Used from 56-64 in Hydra-matics, not the '64 Tubo Hydra-matic. Group 4.121 (old school group 20.1512. Referred to as the driven torus check valve spring.
There's two exhaust valve springs in the front coupling unit. These were used the same years, GM # 8616406, Group 4.155 (Old school 20.1578
Please let me know if either of these is what you're missing.
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

J. Gomez

The item in question would be the inner spring for the limit valve on the coupling valve assembly. The internal parts were not broken down on and listed on the Cadillac parts manual since the shift, coupling and manual valves attached to the control assembly were order as a complete assembly.   The Hydra-matic/Jetaway OEM data would be the only reference to obtained these internal part numbers.

I have a LEMPCO reference showing as part # AT-4641 not sure if that would help you.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082