News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A young Cadillac collector!

Started by Rich S, January 02, 2011, 03:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich S

Here is an article about a member of the "younger generation" who enjoys his collector Cadillac:

http://www.emcwestcarleton.ca/20101230/lifestyle/Teenager+in+Cadillac+attracts+plenty+of+attention

It's great to see a young person interested in a vintage automobile, especially a Cadillac!  :)
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Davidinhartford

Great story.  Thanks for sharing that.   :)

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Chris Short CLC 18814

Well back in 96 when I turned 16 my first car was a 85 Eldorado that I paid 250 bucks for.. I loved that car so much..  I painted it and did alot of work to that car.  It looked like new after a short period with me.  I had the only one in town.. 

1941-7523

I try not to tell people how old I am for fear of discrimination, but I am 26 and I am working to restore my 41 series 75. So we are out there for sure. I enjoy preserving the history. Thanks for sharing, makes me feel a little more accepted.

Matthew Gardner

okccadman

Welcome Welcome!  I joined this club at the age of 14 in 1986.  I bought my first Cadillac, a 1974 Eldorado Convertible which i am getting ready to restore for the 2nd time, in 1987 when I was 15.  By the time I turned 16, I had added a 1966 Coupe de Ville and 1966 DeVille Convertible to the driveway.  I think you will find that this club is extremey supportive of members of any age.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

TJ Hopland

I had my first when I was 18.   It was only a 12 year old car at the time, I wanted something older but at the time (same as now) I can't afford a real antique / classic, I had to settle for just a 'used' car.    It was still quite a contrast from the typical car most people my age were driving at the time.   It was back when an econo box did not come with power windows and AC.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

joecaristo

I bought my first Cadillac at the age of 20. A 1977 Eldorado which only had 46,000 miles when I bought it in 1984. I still own the car! It now has 65,000 miles. Its fun to look back at the old pictures of me and my wife (then girlfriend) dating in that car.  At LEAST THE CAR HASN'T CHANGED MUCH. lol.
Joe
Joe Caristo

D.Yaros

I heartily welcome you to the forum!  If you are not a CLC member, do become one!  I also say you need not fear "age discrimination," as your youth is embraced, not shunned.  We all wish we were your age again!  ???
Dave Yaros
CLC #25195
55 Coupe de Ville
92 Allante
62 Olds  

You will find me on the web @:
http://GDYNets.atwebpages.com  -Dave's Den
http://graylady.atwebpages.com -'55 CDV site
http://www.freewebs.com/jeandaveyaros  -Saved 62 (Oldsmobile) Web Site
The home of Car Collector Chronicles.  A  monthly GDYNets newsletter focusing on classic car collecting.
http://www.scribd.com/D_Yaros/

Art Director

Quote from: D.Yaros on May 01, 2011, 08:50:44 AM
If you are not a CLC member, do become one!  I also say you need not fear "age discrimination," as your youth is embraced, not shunned.

Hear! Hear! Youth is the future of our Club, about to hit its 53rd anniversary. Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Jeff Wilk

AMEN to all of these replies!!!!!  I bought my first "used" Cadillac as a senior in high school....a 58 Sedan De ville.  Then a wrecked 58 that I stripped for parts and sold though hemmings (no internet at the time :P)  and did this three more times.  Then sold that and bought a 59 Fleetwood Sixty Special at graduation and paid less than $2k for it if I recall (that was 1979).  Today, you all saw the car in last months Self Starter with my son Noah inside the shell as he and I started to strip it out and get it back on the road after sitting in my garage for nearly 25 years not moved or started.

So suffice to say I am a big believer in the youth being the future, and there should be great pride in them embracing the hobby.  They are the future of preserving the past!!![/b][/font][/color] ;D ;D ;D
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville