News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

BUILD SHEET 1978 CADILLAC

Started by R Schroeder, January 04, 2011, 07:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R Schroeder

I have had my back seat out of my car. Found no build sheet. I always hear of people finding there build sheet in the car.
Did they put them in a certain spot, or didnt they all come with one.
Roy

Davidinhartford

Look under the front seats.   That is where I found them on my 74 and 75 Cadillacs.

R Schroeder

bcroe

I have found them on top of the gas tank, in bad shape.  Bruce Roe

mauser

I finde for my Cadillac Eldorado 1983 in the top cover
Johann
Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Fleetwood Brogham D' Elegance 1976
Cadillac Eldorado 1983

The Tassie Devil(le)

Question.   Did these build sheets placed inside the vehicle for a reason, or were there no rubbish tins along the assembly line to dispose of the then unwanted piece of paper?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

R Schroeder

Good question Bruce.
I have owned close to 95 cars in my life time, and have yet to find one of these.
Thats why I was asking about them.
Roy

R Schroeder

I looked under the seats, and any place else . I didnt find one. Sure would have been a kick to find it, but its not in the cards.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Roy,
Chances are that who ever you have bought your cars from "detailed" the interiors and when they came upon the build sheet, the person doing the work thought they were just trash.
In my lifetime I have only bought 7 new cars and all 7 had build sheets behind or under the rear seat. Bought many truck cab and chassis and they also had build sheets behind the rear seat.
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

R Schroeder

Well, anything is possible. The guy that owned it, was a very big guy, so I dont think he was under there. Maybe the original owner before him was.
The car only had 11,500 miles on it, so I didnt expect that to many people were in it. Even though I could eat off the bottom of this car, I dont think I'll be dropping the gas tank, like one of the guys said.
Thats life on a chicken farm I guess.
Roy

Davidinhartford

I just came across two of my old build sheets.

First one is from my 1982 Cimarron (note manual shift trans)

second is from my 74 Eldorado in persian lime firemist

Terry Cox #26379

i assume  by the looks of the cadillac in your picture in your sign in tab on this queery page that your car is a Coup'e De Ville.The pic. is small but if it is indeed a Coup'e then i would  search the front seat, behind the seatback  covers. This would be the map pocket/pull handle (if it has one) part of the front seat that the back seat passengers would have access to. i have found build sheets there but ONLY in Coup'es. Terry clc #26379 :)

R Schroeder

Yes , it is a Coupe. I will check that out on the next warm day. I keep it down back in another garage, and it isnt easy to get to after a snow.
As far as in the pockets, I have cleaned in there , so I know they arent in the pockets , but I'll look around again. I looked under the seats but there is a lot of motors and wiring under there. I'll look from behind the next time. I have to back it out to get in the thing.........ha
Thanks.
Roy

Davidinhartford

I seem to recall my build sheets were under the front seat woven into the springs.  That is why they usually have some damage to them.

R Schroeder

With all the options that I have on the car, it should be as big as a newspaper.
Roy