News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 fleetwood: interchangable part and part id ?

Started by aaron heineman, January 10, 2011, 04:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaron heineman

I have a 1959 cadillac fleetwood. Does any one know the difference between the moraine and bendix master cylinder? the one i have is numbered 29802 C.
I also would like to know what other front drivers side windows are interchangable for this vehicle, coupe, flattop, other years?
Thnaks,
aaron

Jeffrey Burland

Hi Aaron, If you mean you have a Fleetwood Sixty Special, which is a 4 door 6 window car, a coupe window would be too large. You could use a 59-60 window from another 6 window car - series 62 or deVille ( not a 4 window flat top). Flat top windows are not as tall, series 75s are different too. If you just need the glass, clear or tinted, most any local glass shop can cut one for you if they have the pattern since it's flat. Let me know if you can't find someone and I will.
I'm sure some one can help with the master cylinder info. HTH, Jeff
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

aaron heineman

thanks for the information regarding the interchangable windows.

aaron

Warren Rauch

I looked up the window in Hollander . They add to the Cadillac models listed obove 1959-60 Buick Riv. series 4829 (six window sed).
The master cylinder number , I couldn't find. It probably doesn't matter. I found the casting numbers for Bendix 616613 and EIS 525. They both made the Bendix and Moraine cylinders from the same casting.
There are  differences  in the boosters and  the master cylinder piston. I'm not sure ,but I think there is machining differences in the cylinder end where the piston goes in.Warren

aaron heineman

Warren,

thanks for the information regarding the window. I believe that I have identified the master cylinder; assuming the power brake booster is original to the car the one painted black is for the bendix and the one painted gold is for the moraine. thank you for your time, it is very much appreciated. I will be getting the mater parts catalogue soon and won't have to ask these types of questions any more.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.