News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Carburetor Preheater Hose for 1973 Cadillac

Started by sipprider, January 12, 2011, 02:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipprider

Hey y'all.. I have been out hunting a caruburetor preheater hose for my 1973 Caddy.. if you know about the 472's you also know the hose must be oval on one end and circular on the other. I have tried Auto Zone, O'Reillys and Napa with no luck? Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about what to do?

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Zack,
If you have BOTH "plastic" pieces that fit together between the bottom of the air cleaner air intake and the hose itself, you have a round-to-round hose. It sounds like you need the correct connectors.  They are fragile and many have been broken and then discarded over the years.
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

sipprider

nah, I don't have the plastic pieces.. the shroud on the manifold is still there but that's it.. I don't have the plastic piece on the air intake snorkel though.. but with this cold weather, the car definitely needs that exhaust heat to the carburetor!

TJ Hopland

I dont have a picture handy but I believe 68-79 all used the same setup (including eldos).   There was a 2 part plastic elbow sort of thing that attached to the snorkel that sort of flattened out over the top of the valve cover and then expanded back to round to accept the round pipe that came up off the manifold.   I believe the round pipe is an odd size also.  Its in the catalogs but no one ever seems to stock it.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

sipprider

yeah that's what I think my setup is.. it runs horribly until it finally warms up under the hood... AutoZone, the local NAPA store and O Reillys neither carry the part and none of them can order it either.. the only hose they stock is the round size for Chevy small blocks.. just a round hose that goes from the manifold to the bottom of the snorkel.. like what's on my 1987 GMC 305 TBI

Lars Kneller 8246

I think I have one. Email me at cadtbird@frontier.com to remind me to look for it this weekend.

sipprider

Alright I will.. thanks a lot!! I really need it with this cold Mississippi winter!