News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WIDE Whitewall Tires??

Started by sipprider, January 17, 2011, 07:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipprider

I'm looking for a set of wide whites for my 1960 6229K.. I would like a whitewall diameter of more than 3 1/2 inches but I'm not sure if I can get that in a 235/75/15 radial? any help would be appreciated! thanks!

TJ Hopland

Diamond Back would have those and I think all theirs are radials.

Coker would be another place to look, not sure about the radials though from them.

Most tire shops deal with both.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Derham

Another vote of confidence for Diamond Back Radials. 

I've run them on my 1952 Fleetwood Imperial Limousine since I bought the car.  They look great, ride well, and offer the added safety of radial tires.  The owner of the company is knowledgeable and friendly.

http://www.dbtires.com/
- R. Freeman

Bill Buckingham

I'm in the process of looking for a set for my '57 Series 75 Limo as well.  I've looked at others but keep going back to the Diamondback tires.  Their website explains how the white wall is attached to any tire, it's pretty interesting.  I just like the idea of getting a current "name brand" tire with the whitewall desired. 

Bill Buckingham
CLC # 1976
Bill Buckingham
CLC # 1976
1957 Eldo Brougham
1958 Fleetwood 60S