News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Leather Cleaning

Started by robailey, January 21, 2011, 04:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robailey

Any tips on the best way to clean build up dirt and oil from hands from a leather steering wheel?
Rob Ailey
Seymour, TN

1975 Coupe Deville
1987 Fleetwood Sixty Special
2014 XTS

Chris Conklin

Vinegar and water. Start with a pretty light amount of vinegar and see how it goes, just a splash or two in a couple cups of water. Follow with a lotion type conditioner that gets absorbed and doesn't leave the wheel slippery. I have no affiliation or anything to gain, but I like Griot's products for all cosmetic care on my cars. The interior cleaner and leather conditioner from them works great and it may work on your wheel. But since you asked I figured it was a more stubborn issue, grandma's favorite cleaner should work!
Chris Conklin

Rich S

For heavier dirt on the leather parts of my interior I like to use a soft bristle brush and Saddle Soap. Then I follow with a product I've found useful to clean the leather on my cars on a periodic basis, and that is "Leather Wipes" by Meguiar's that come in a cylindrical plastic container and they both clean and condition the leather. About once a year I wipe the leather with Lexol to moisturize it, usually in the Spring.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

robailey

Rob Ailey
Seymour, TN

1975 Coupe Deville
1987 Fleetwood Sixty Special
2014 XTS