News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Gas Tank Recondition or Replace

Started by greenfinz, January 23, 2011, 02:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenfinz

The gas tank on my 70 DeVille has a large dent and is a bit damp.  I"ve tried to find a new tank to replace but without success.  I'm told there is a process to recondition the existing tank.  Does anyone have any experience or advice in this regard?  Thanks.
Robert Meekins
Baltimore, MD
CLC# 26454

TJ Hopland

http://www.gastankrenu.com/

They have locations all over and I hear its not cheap (if they make new tanks for your car its usually cheaper to buy new) but it works great.   I believe they offer you the option of doing the outside.  If you are not doing a show car they recommend doing the outside also to prevent further rust.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Alan Harris CLC#1513

I used Gas Tank Renu for my 1940 La Salle. I am very pleased. They were  not cheap, but they were fast and did a great job.

The work is guaranteed for life.

You might be able to get a reproduction tank cheaper, but I would wonder about the quality. Once these guys start rusting, you will quickly be back to square one.

greenfinz

Thanks guys.  I appreciate the feedback.
Robert Meekins
Baltimore, MD
CLC# 26454