News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Yesterday's message in Russian...

Started by veesixteen, January 27, 2011, 07:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

That Russian text had zilch to do with Cadillacs or LaSalles; it was an (unwanted) which I see our moderators have deleted. Nevertheless, it did educe a comment about the 1959 Cadillac models from my Russian contact and translator, Andy Chrisanfov, who is an automotive journalist.  He said: (about the Russian ad) "... definitely non-Cadillac. However, to those who want to see a proper Cadillac in his/her dreams I can offer my latest publication in 'Autoreview'; it's entitled 'L'Italiano' and describes a '59 Eldorado Brougham recently sold via Hyman Ltd. of St.Louis."
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Yann,

Yes, the message was deleted, as I was sure it didn't have and Cadillac or LaSalle content.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Quentin Hall Australia

Strewth Cobber, Stone the crows. It's not the Russian messages I'd worry about . . . it's those bloody Strines.  ;) Gotta get back to me shrimp on the Barbie . . . .

Chris Conklin

Quote from: Quentin Hall Australia on January 27, 2011, 03:12:01 PM
Strewth Cobber, Stone the crows. It's not the Russian messages I'd worry about . . . it's those bloody Strines.  ;) Gotta get back to me shrimp on the Barbie . . . .     

Now THAT'S a foreign language  :D
Chris Conklin

38FLATTIE

Haha! You need more Aussie friends! ;)

Strewth Cobber- dang, friend- damn, mate

Stone the crows-Not sure the meaning, but it gets said a lot. Kind of like our 'the hell you say', or the way kids use 'no way', even in acknowledging something.

Strines- Australians

So, in short, he warned you of the Australians, with a wink, of course.

....and my friends Down Under say we talk funny!
BUDDY WALKER
38 LASALLE COUPE
THE FLATCAD