News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Good News - Bad News 58 Eldorado

Started by okccadman, January 28, 2011, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okccadman

The good news is that this proves there are still some "Barn Finds" out there.  The bad news is that it took the barn burning in a grass fire to discover this 58 Biarritz.  Apparently, a few years ago, an elderly woman moved away from her Oklahoma farm and gave this running driving unrestored car to her boyfriend's grandson, who parked it in his barn and forgot about it until a big grass fire 2 months ago.  The remains have been sold to an east coast collector who intends to salvage a few stainless pieces.  Let this serve as a reminder to keep careful watch on our stored cars.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Jim Beard

R Schroeder

That reminds me of a barn fire we had near us a few years back. Barn was used for storage of old restored cars. The guy rented it out for this purpose. Must have been 15 to 20 cars in there. Well, one day he decided to burn the grass near the barn. Wasn't long before the whole barn went up in smoke. Gone were many old fords and a few Corvettes. One very big boat, and some snowmobiles. All he could get out was one old Ford, and a couple of melted down snowmobiles.
It was really sad to see.

Carl Schreiber

Can anyone get a hold of this guy?  I sure could use the convertible top frame...

Carl Schreiber

Eric S. Maypother #15104

Yes that is a shame, thats 1 thing I worry about, if I had enough money to buy a nice classic Cadillac I'd first have to make sure I had a safe secure place to store, ideally a steel or concrete building and leave no gas, rags or other combustion-able materials inside.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham