News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1958 cadillac model 6239

Started by rich erskine, February 04, 2011, 10:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich erskine

i am a new member and would really like to get my 1958 cadillac model 6239 to some events. i bought the car 4 years ago site unseen.  i'll never do that again.  all the pictures and promises in the world won't help when the delivery truck pulls up in your driveway.  after cleaning the leaves and 2 inches of sludge out of the oil pan. replacing the push rods the were bent because when they rebuilt the engine they were too long its been one nightmare after the next.  i admit i need help, but here in the south jersey area, the only guys willing to work on the car are the high price classic restorers who put you on a list with a check up front.  if anyone out there knows of a mechanic near the camden, nj area willing to help get my mechanics straight, i would really appreciate it. thanx  rich erskine richerskine@aol.com

David King (kz78hy)

I'm sure a local member can assist in recommending a resource to help you out.
The lessons learned club is well traveled and best learned early, when the stakes should be small.

Get it running and enjoy without having to worry about any consequences.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Rich ,
  My name is Bill ,and i have to tell you that i had my engine  completley rebuilt by Vinces in Lindenwald New Jersey. Just a few miles from camden . He did a good job and what i liked the most was , he keeped my car indoors while he rebuilt the motor .  This is the number  856 627 5716
Quote from: rich erskine on February 04, 2011, 10:38:24 AM
i am a new member and would really like to get my 1958 cadillac model 6239 to some events. i bought the car 4 years ago site unseen.  i'll never do that again.  all the pictures and promises in the world won't help when the delivery truck pulls up in your driveway.  after cleaning the leaves and 2 inches of sludge out of the oil pan. replacing the push rods the were bent because when they rebuilt the engine they were too long its been one nightmare after the next.  i admit i need help, but here in the south jersey area, the only guys willing to work on the car are the high price classic restorers who put you on a list with a check up front.  if anyone out there knows of a mechanic near the camden, nj area willing to help get my mechanics straight, i would really appreciate it. thanx  rich erskine richerskine@aol.com
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS