News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Looking for Classic Delco battery for 1957

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, February 10, 2011, 07:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
I am looking to replace my battery this year . i am looking for a good quality battery with the classic Delco look that has the yellow caps . i would like the best of both worlds , maintainance free / with the classic look . can anybody recommend a company that offers this battery .

Thanks ,
  Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Chris McBride

Restoration Battery is one frequently cited source.

See

http://www.restorationbattery.com/

I'm also sure other suppliers exist.

Hope this helps.

Chris McBride

Art Woody

Try www.antiqueautobattery.com. They have your battery. For others, who want an antique battery apperance, such as '53 era and more, I can provide authentic looking decals for the face of your modern battery. Just remove the existing decal and degrease before application, it displays very well. I'll try to add picture of my old one, a little greasy by now.  Art Woody

Bill Balkie 24172

I went to vintage car batteries and they offer two batteries for a 57 cadillac . one is a 60K it has two rows of 3 caps ... the other is a g27d it has 6 caps in one row . i will try to add a pic. .. does anybody know the difference / was the G27 for the Brougham Only ?
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Chris ,
     i just got off the phone with Tom at Restoration battery . very helpful and knows what he is talking about . thanks for the lead .

Bill
Quote from: Chris McBride on February 10, 2011, 09:10:33 AM
Restoration Battery is one frequently cited source.

See

http://www.restorationbattery.com/

I'm also sure other suppliers exist.

Hope this helps.

Chris McBride
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Art Woody

Looks like one is not going to fit. 60K is 13'' wide  and G27 is 12'' wide. Better measure your tray. Art Woody