News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Needed: Stitching details for 32-33 Convertible tops

Started by Michael Lepak, February 12, 2011, 08:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Lepak

Would anyone have detailed pictures or drawings of the stitching patterns used on 1932 & 33 Fisher Body convertible coupe tops? The V12 and V16
authenticity manual has a few angles of one example car but they are a bit too distant to see fine detail.  I do not have the V8 and LaSalle authenticity
manual, perhaps someone may have access to one and could let me know if any pictures are in that book. Possibly, a member has an actual car that
could be referenced. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike
mikel1@charter.net

Wayne Womble 12210

Michael Lepak

Wayne, 
You have a superb eye, must be true, when you own one, you spot them everywhere. The views are helpful along the front and passenger side.
The back window is right but the steering wheel with the couple inside may be a bit questionable.  All in all, it is helpful but now I'm worried about the car
being abandoned on the country road...wouldn't it be something if it turned out being the beauty you now own? 
Thank You,
Mike

Wayne Womble 12210

I don't think its mine, didn't have the mirrors, and the color scheme is not the same.  The interior shots are a mock up for movie purposes.  This car shows up in several movies of the era.  I will send you pictures of what I think is an original rear window.   

jcrow22

The top on my 32 v-16 dual cowl has been replaced so I cannot vouch for it's authenticity. But, I do have the original side curtains and side curtain bag. You are welcome to borrow or photo if that helps.

Michael Lepak

Greetings jcrow22,
Thank you for the reply. I will contact you via your email so as not to tie up this site.
Thank you,
Mike