News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Radio Tuner Belt Replacements??

Started by cadchuck429, February 13, 2011, 08:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadchuck429

My AM/FM Radio Tuner belt broke on my 67 Deville. Does Anyone know who sells replacements or some thing that could be rigged up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-Chuck :) 
C. Attardi
429bigblock@excite.com
1967 Deville Conv't
2011 CTS COUPE

J. Gomez

Chuck,

Your best bet will be to cross reference your current belt with PRB  at http://russellind.com/downl.htm.

There are several retailers on the web but you could contact PRB for a local retailer/distributor.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Chuck,
I was unable to find a replacement "factory" belt for my '66, and took the advice of an old time radio guru.  I bought leather lacing at a hobby shop, wrapped about 4 "loops" around the pulleys and glued the ends with leather glue.  That was about 8 years ago, and it has worked ever since.
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

cadchuck429

Thanks for the advice on the leather lacing I'll give it a shot. I also tried searching the web came up with nothing.
Chuck
C. Attardi
429bigblock@excite.com
1967 Deville Conv't
2011 CTS COUPE