News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Marvel Mystery Oil Inverse Oiler

Started by Jeff Kay CLC#7630, February 18, 2011, 12:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Kay CLC#7630

I have a brand new Marvel Mystery Oil Inverse Oiler that I've had for years, but never used.  I was wondering if anyone has one on their Cadillac or LaSalle?  If so, what do you think about it?  Also, how do you have it set-up, mounted, and the vacuum line installed in the manifold.  I have a '41 Cadillac that runs well, and I was considering installing this unit to help lubricate the top end of the engine. 

Thanks

Jeff
CLC#7630

TJ Hopland

I ran into one of those not that long ago and here was the thread.

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,107127.0.html

I thought it got discussed a bit more but I may have been thinking of another board I asked the question on.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Alan Harris CLC#1513

Somehow, the car managed to last 70 years without one of these.

Amazing!

Tito Sobrinho

As they say in the South: "If ain't broke, don't mess with it"
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

John Washburn CLC 1067 Sadly deceased.

It is really a top oiler and they, by other manufactures, are still being produced.

the johnny
John Washburn
CLC #1067
1937 LaSalle Coupe
1938 6519F Series Imperial Sedan
1949 62 Series 4 Door
1949 60 Special Fleetwood
1953 Coupe DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille
1992 Eldorado Touring Coupe America Cup Series

TJ Hopland

Here is the company we found in the thread I linked too above, still in business if you think you need one.   They still make a classic model with a glass jar and it appears that they can still make (or possible still have in stock) carb base adapters for early cars.

http://www.ampcolubes.com/index.php
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

cadman49

this reply is a little late but heres my 2 cents................jeff,it looks like youre getting ready to shoot yourself in the foot...dont do it ,man. you said"i have a 41 and it runs fine".and where is a problem with that ? the 41 is a flat head,not a lot of "top end" there,except the valves basicly.if it was a 49 or newer,maaaaaaaybe a little thought. the marvel mystery oil mind set is right out of the 50s and 60s era.mostly snake oil logic. we are living in a very high tech era and this oil of today is so much better now,you cant even compare it with that oid stuff. ive been useing valvoline 10-30 in my cads for over 50 yrs. use your preferance of oil but use the good stuff,change when its getting darker etc,etc.,and be happy.   r.king

Jim Stamper

There is an ancient one on my 1914 Chalmers touring car, plumbed into the intake manifold, very neatly.   Jim Stamper CLC#13470

dadscad

If you are intrested in top cylinder lubrication using MMO, experiment with a few tanks of fuel by adding the 4oz per 10 gallon recommended mix directly to your tank when you fill up. Read the label directions, mixing it manually will do the same thing as the automatic injector. That way, you will know if there are any benefits before altering your under hood area.

Let us know how it works out.
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille