News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1929 Cadillac Truck

Started by Jim Beard, February 22, 2011, 08:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Beard

I found this picture of a 1929 cadillac truck, it was in the remains of the Robert Lee museum in Brazil. The Brazilian government owns it now, they took ownership of everything that was left of the 100 car museum after it had been vandalized and robbed of most of its cars. There was only 27 of them left. Did Cadillac modify these trucks for service or were they done by an aftermarket company? Just curious seeing as how they are probably pretty rare. The quality of the wood box even looks like it is built to cadillac standards. It looks to be built from a 1929 phaeton like in the other photo.  Boy would I like to get my hands on that truck.

Rod Dahlgren #19496

Well.... the group that was able to get the Tucker out of there would be the first contact I would make to see about the Cadillac... AND what ever others can be saved..
ANYONE?????
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

The Tassie Devil(le)

I doubt if Cadillac would have done the conversion, and it most probably was cut down from a Roadster.

Lots of that was done as cars got older, and people wanted to use them for their own needs.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Glen

I’m told my grandfather had a tow truck made from a 1916 Cadillac that he used in his garage in Fort Morgan CO.    Not to long ago there was a 20s something Cadillac made into a tow truck near here.  I wanted to talk to the owner but I know he wanted to sell and I was afraid it would follow me home.  I think the wife would notice if it showed up. 

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104