News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

raw fuel & brake lines for 71

Started by Brett, February 28, 2011, 02:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett

Hello all,

the frame is coming off my 71 FWB and a 73 replacement is going on! I can't wait.

Anyways I want to supply the builder with some raw stainless (he will bend to fit) fuel and brake lines from inline tube. www.inlinetube.com

Can anyone recommend sizes of lines?

Thanks in advance,

Brett

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Brett,

Whatever the size is now is the best, as it will fit the ends that you have in the car.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Doug Houston

It's entirely posible that Inline Tube will already have a set of brake lines to fit the chassis you're using. i have had a set of their lines installed o one of my '41 Cadillacs, and they went on the car as though Cadillac had supplied them. I recently bought three more sets of stainless brakelones for the other three '41's.

Last year, I had the lines removed from my '41 Chevy convertible, and I took them to Inline, to be duplicated in stainless. That chassis is unique to convertibles, so they wouldn't have had line kits already made up for that car. they made me new lines, and they are beautiful. It also developed that the chassis for that car went through 1948, unchanged, so they now have a new item in their catalogue.   

Inline gets around $190 for a set of stainless brake lines, and that's mighty good insurance against pinholes rusting in the brake system. I've had it happen 4 times, and no more......believe me!

It absolutely astonishes me, how that outfit does what they do. They're busy, as one might expect.

Recently (last couple of months), a transmission cooler line blew on my '96 Buick Roadmaster wagon, and cooked the transmission. General Motors no longer supplies the cooler lines for that transmission, so I took them to Inline Tube, and they duplicated them, with the high pressure hose links; metal lines in stainless They are beautiful.

I certainly am thankful for that outfit. Just to see samples of their wares, is impressive. I need a hand brake cable for one of my '41's. It's unraveled, so I have no emergency brake. I'll take a good line to them, and they'll do it in stainless for me, and then, they'll have it in their catalogue.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929