News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

DTS Braking Problem

Started by Dennis J. DiNorcia, February 28, 2011, 03:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis J. DiNorcia

I have a 2006 DTS with 41,000 miles on it. I've noticed lately that when applying the brakes from speeds over 35 MPH I feel a rumbling from the front. I do not feel any pulsating on the brake pedal so I do not think it is the ABS brakes and I do not feel anything on the steering wheel. Could this be the tires, alignment or ???? Thanks for the help.

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Have you looked at your front rotors?  They may be warped --- especially if
there're original to the car.  Take it to a good mechanic to have this problem
checked out.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

R Schroeder

Newer cars tend to use ceramic or high steel content in there brakes pads. This makes them stop faster , but wrecks the rotors. They are probably full of hard spots. As the soft area wears down, the hard spots grab and cause a rumble.
Dont try to re-face them as it will come back very quick.
Better off buying new ones.
I always buy the cheapest pads I can to avoid this type of damage to the rotors.
Roy