News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Mystery Parts

Started by DUC, March 03, 2011, 09:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUC

I found these in my 1954 series 62's battery tray and I have no clue what they are or where they go. Maybe you guys will know.

Chris Henry

1954 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan

J. Gomez

Chris,

The last two pictures this piece it the hood guide it goes behind the reinforcement bar and bolts just in the middle of the hood. You will see a square plate welded to the hood rear lip to attach this guide. Section 13 of the MPL show this item.

The first ones, not a clue is that a tube i.e. for a vacuum line possible???

Good luck…!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

The Tassie Devil(le)

The first one looks like it could be a vacuum line for the Automatic Choke?

Bruce. >:D

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

DUC

Jose,

I see it on the MPL. Do you know you how it goes in? The MPL illustration isn't very clear.

Bruce

It's not for the choke, I have that tube in place.

Is it for the oil bath air cleaner? Which I don't have.
Chris Henry

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Chris,

Can't see it being anything to do with the Oil Bath Air Cleaner, but is does to appear to be some sort of Vacuun tube, as the rubber sleeve isn't held on to the end by a clip.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

DUC

Bruce,

There's a line from the carb valve body to the vacuum advance on the distributor, the junction block that has 4 inlets/outlets. 1 is connected to the windshield wiper, 2 to the windshield washer, 3 to the tube coming from the intake manifold and the 4 to the tube coming from the valve near the starter.
Chris Henry

J. Gomez

Chris,

This piece is mounted as you have it in the last picture. The swinging arm tip rests on the top of the firewall keeping the hood from sagging in the close position.

PS The oil bath air cleaner has no connections that I’m aware of??? There is the heat tubing from the exhaust manifold to the carb choke but with a rubber hose piece on the end this will not be for that one.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

DUC

Chris Henry