News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

A/C O-Rings for 1958 Cadillac

Started by DaveW, March 05, 2011, 02:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveW

I'm trying to find some parts for my '58 with air conditioning.  I'm trying to find the two O-rings that are located at the interface of the rear of the compressor and the manifold with the two lines coming out of it.  Measuring the size of the groove for the O-rings and compensating for some amount of compression of the O-rings it appears to me the size of the O-rings should be an ID of 5/8" and a cross section of 5/32".  This is a non-standard size.  I can have this O-ring custom made, for a price, but there must be a better way.

Does anyone have experience replacing these O-rings?  Are they round cross section O-rings, square cut O-rings, or some special type with a carrier?  What is the proper size?  Anyone know of a source for the correct parts?  I have checked the online catalogs of Old Air Products and Vintage Auto Air with no luck.  Will give them a call on Monday.

Thanks,
Dave
David Whittaker
CLC #20768

1957 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
1958 Cadillac Series 70 Fleetwood Eldorado Brougham
1977 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Dave,
Go to the nearest Automobile parts Wholesale distributor and you should be able to buy either the rings or a kit containing these rings. They are not that Unique for automotive AC use.
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

r. gene harl

try,,  nostalgic air parts,, they have a lot of stuff..Gene clc22406