News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Dash Wiring Diagram for '62 6367

Started by Gary Christensen CLC # 21112, April 01, 2011, 09:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Christensen CLC # 21112

Does anyone have a dash wiring diagram for a '62 Eldorado?  I'm stuck at the confluence of the dash harness, the window harness, the ignition harness, and whatever is supposed to be the harness for the courtesy lamps. 

The '62 service manual includes a diagram for a series 60, 62, and 75, but not a 63.  My fuse panel is not the same as what is listed on the diagram for the series 60 or 62.  I have two additional connections to the panel.  One is labelled "power windows" (next to the radio fuse) and the other "accesories" (next to the Heater/AC fuse).

I've figured out that the feed attached to power windows is supposed to go to a 40 amp circuit breaker (which I have to locate one) which then splits to the Window Harness and the feed to the convertible top switch.  What I can't figure out (because my wiring has been modified) is what the accesories circuit looks like.  Mine has two leads off of the accesories connection to the fuse panel.  One goes to a bulb that continues on to the courtesy lamps and I have no idea what the second connector is supposed to feed.  Based on what I'm seeing, I really don't think that what I am seeing is what it was originally.  The wiring diagrams in the service manual don't include this piece.  Everything beyond this spot is documented.

Any help?

Dan LeBlanc

Hi Gary

Join us over on the 61-62 Cadillac Owner's Group.  The wiring diagrams are posted there and lots of us that will help you out.

www.61-62cadillacs.com
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

J I Garner CLC # 23406

I was able to trace all my dash electrical from the diagram in the manual and by color code. I have a 62 6367. I enlarged the wiring diagram up to eighteen inches to make it more visible. I could make a copy for you if it would help. If your wiring has been modified nothing but a multimeter and lots of time will help.
Jim