News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Do all Eldo's fomr 71-78 come with the door lights on the front door panels?

Started by collector, April 02, 2011, 05:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

collector

I just noticed my 74 Eldo convertible doesnt have that red and white light on each of the bottom of the door panels. Do the convertibles come with them or were they an option? or did they just come on the coupes?

TJ Hopland

Interesting question.

All 3 of my 73 converts have em.   My 75 HT has em.  The 75 and one of the 73's did not have much in the way of options but they had those lights. 

Just did a quick scan of that era on ebay and all I glanced at had em.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Barry Norman

Barry Norman

EAM 17806

COLLECTOR!  My 76 Coupe de Ville has them right from the factory in 1976 so I must assume all Eldos had them too in those years.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

76eldo

Here is a 74 Eldorado convertible on ebay.  The photos of the open doors show the lights you mention.  Why they are not on your car is a real mystery.

here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Eldorado-CONVERTIBLE-EXCELLENT-ELDORADO-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0f5dc100QQitemZ180646428928QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

I just returned from where I keep my cars.  My 74 Eldo coupe parts car, my 74 Eldo conertible, and my 75 Cadillac Mirage all have the door lights.

frankschofield

New to the forum.. and FYI...  My 76 Eldorado has the red and white lights...

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Calais models had two non-illuminating red reflector lenses on the doors instead of courtesy lamps.

Red & white courtesy lamps were standard on other models - all of which should illuminate whenever any door is opened.

When you say there are no red/white lenses, what exactly is occupying that space? Reflectors? Post a picture if you can.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute