News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

DREAMIN!

Started by John Tozer #7947, April 08, 2011, 08:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Tozer #7947

Good to see there are still dreamers in the car world.

Take a look at the rot in the front cross member! Is this what they mean by a "Texas Car"?

John Tozer

STEVE CLC #16187

John, this is typical of some of these small time "classic car"  dealers. They know nothing about what they are selling . Theses clowns think this is a rare car because it has a different engine (Chrysler I think) and transmission(Torque Flite)  in it , which the dumb bells don't even know what they are. I will bet that a hot shot salesman just went out and took a bunch of pictures and stuck the camera underneath the frame and took a few shots without even knowing what he was taking a picture of.  If that is what the front cross member looks like Who knows what the rest of the frame is like. Those receipts were dated 1957 , that is 44 years ago. that makes a lot of sense. And the price? I hope there is no body  dumb enough to buy this car. But,  you never know.

steve hales
steve hales
clc # 16187

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

It looks like the gas tank is rusting out and gas is weeping out of it.

Tim Miller

We are the car dealer selling the Cadillac. We are not clowns or dumb bells and we are not hot shot sales people. We are not a “Classic” car dealer; we are just a car dealer. We are trying to do a responsible job of representing the car. We took pictures of everything, good, bad, or ugly. We made no statement about the car other than calling it a resto mod , as opposed to saying it is not all original. It is rare in that you don’t see these cars everyday. This is a consignment car, and the buy it now price is set by the owner of the car. This is America and we think he has the right to ask whatever he wants for his car. We also give people an opportunity to make an offer. It is our policy to request that prospective buyers have full inspections completed prior to the purchase of any car we sell. We think it is kind of cool that the old receipts are with the car. No they don’t mean anything, but whatever.
Buy the way careful what you say about Texas.

R Schroeder

This is America and we think he has the right to ask whatever he wants for his car.

-------------------------------------------------------

True, and we have the right to say he is a little goofy.

tozerco

Actually, as the originator of this post, all I was really doing was, as your ad suggests/insists:

It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely.

Yes, I went public on this Forum about it but this is a Cadillac LaSalle Club Forum and that's partially what it is for.

As for the description? RARE? Well....... like a two legged dog is rare!

John Tozer
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

The Tassie Devil(le)

Looking at the rot in the front Crossmember, I would have thought that the owner of the vehicle would have done something about that when doing the engine change, as it is a safety issue.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   But, I also understand the seller and his description in trying to sell the vehicle.   At least he posted a good number of pictures, and didn't try to cover up anything.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

bcroe

Hey, somebody put a lot of effort into that car, must have liked it.  Looks like a Cad 500 to me.  Now maybe someone else would like to own it (not me!).  As to the price, its not exactly a collector car.  Bruce Roe