News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

local restoration

Started by ett41caddy, April 11, 2011, 06:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ett41caddy

I'm looking for a local shop in SW Florida that will take on a restoration project for a 41 caddy, the caddy is in great shape, however the paint is aging from its restoration back in the 80's, any suggestion for a reputable facility?
ETT
ED TEBO

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Absolutely - Steve Cooley. Google him for past results (including a $2.6 million Duesenberg, etc) and he specializes in exactly this (1941 Cadillac) car. Additionally he's a straight shooter and trustworthy imho.

1941 Cadillac 6267X Convertible Coupe
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

If Rockledge, Florida (East Coast close to Orlando) is not to far for you I can highly
recommend Harbor Auto Restoration.

Call and ask for Frank Tetro, the owner.  He did a '55 Eldo for me and I was more
than pleased.  That car was best of show at the Savanna Grand National, First Senior,
and also an AACA Grand National First Senior.

He has Caddy's of all years in every Grand National.

http://www.harbor-auto.com/#/home/

Phone:  321 633 3227

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

TonyZappone #2624

I spend half the year in Florida.  I have never heard anyone say anything bad about Steve Cooley or Harbor.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Art Director

Quote from: Mike Josephic  CLC #3877 on April 11, 2011, 10:38:40 PM
If Rockledge, Florida (East Coast close to Orlando) is not to far for you I can highly recommend Harbor Auto Restoration.

To back Mike's recommendation, Harbor is also a longtime advertiser in The Self-Starter, so they support the CLC as well.

Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

robert G. smits

Steve Cooley specialized in 41's.  He just finished one for longtime clc member Ed Goehring of Atlanta and has restored 2 other 41,s for Ed in the past.   Ed is a straight shooter would be happy to talk to you.  As a sidelight Steve does a neat AC instillation on 41's
R. Smits, #2426
23 Cad 7P Touring
32 Cad 5P Coupe
38 Cad 90 Series
41 Cad 63 Series
58 Cad Eldo Barritz
The average man can take care of one Woman and two Cadillacs, Al Edmond AACA Past President