News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

60 eldo barn find price

Started by Art Archambeault, April 12, 2011, 11:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Archambeault

Fellas, a little help. If one was to find a 60 eldo in a barn as I have what would reasonably expect to pay considering the following. Engine not frozen but not running. When we hooked a battery to it all the lights worked ,horn and Windows.  Car has no starter in it but definately not frozen.  Every piece of interior trim a.d all body trim is attached.  Floor pans and trunk solid. Rockers and wheel wells solid. No cracks in dash. Seats no rips. Original roof and rear window still solid with no rips. Some surface rust around fender skirts and edgings. Brake lines gas lines, gas tank, water pump radiator recore, the usual starting points would all need to be done and perhaps a new rug.  Bumpers are not rotted but some pitting. Car has an inch of dirt and filth on  it. Ofcourse the whole car would need a repaint after stripping.  Knowing full well after restoring a 49 and a 62 flw what I'm heading into, can anyone offer a starting point as to what to be expected to pay for such a car.6000 has been offered by another club member and turned down. Now a freind of mine or myself are  debating the issue. Any thoughts by anyone would be appreciated. Art22010

Chris Conklin

Any options? The "Q" engine was standard. I think you could only add A/C, buckets, and the Twilight Sentinel.

Your description indicates to me that it's in pretty good overall restorable (#5) condition. Check the base of the A-pillars also. I would think you will need to double that $6K opener and it wouldn't surprise me if the owner is seeking $15K+.
Chris Conklin

Jon Riley #13576

Hi Art,

How does the car compare to this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Eldorado-eldorado-1960-cacillac-eldorado-barritiz-convertible-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eb467c0dfQQitemZ200595194079QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#ht_500wt_1182

Is it a Seville or Biarritz?  That will make a huge difference.

I would guess that in the current market a 60 Biarritz, as you describe it, would be between $15k-25k.   However, if the car is good enough to just clean it up, with relatively minor work, and preserve it as an original, I would multiply my guess by 2-2.5 times.

art archambeault

Well, there is still some paint shine on the black one ,looks like decent tires and is running though it looks like some body damage on the black one. All that said ,this car has been sitting in one spot for 42 years.  Air  bags probably all shot and to be honest to replace all the items I first mentioned do all the brake cyl  some tires clean it all up and park it next to the black one it still would not look as good since it would need paint. So if all that was done except the paint and if we say the black one is a 6.5 pm a scale of 10 then the one I'm looking at would be no better then a 5. All that said ,the first time I saw it my impression was this is way above a parts car. My thinking was somewhat south of 10k but maybe I'm wrong. Art

76eldo

If it's that solid, anything under $15,000 is a steal. Depending on if it's a cold climate area, hopefully it was stored with anti-freeze in it.

I found 2 of these in the past few years.  If you want to call me, email me at  60cadillac@comcast.net and I can tell you some interesting info about the ones i found.  I would be interested in the car too, depending on where it is.

Good luck,

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

rwchatham CLC 21892

Art, out of curiosity, what color is the eldo. I am finishing up a heather 60 eldo restoration and would like to do one more. If you end up not buying the car shoot me an email at rwchathamemail addresses not permitted I would gladly pay a finders fee. Thanks
R. Waligora