News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Wanted : Vacuum schematic for Cadillac 1964 w/ Master Switch

Started by Cadillac1955, April 16, 2011, 08:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac1955

Im looking for a vacuum schematic for Cadillac 1964 Climate Control A/C with the Master Switch
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

Warren Rauch

I know they must have made an oversize diagram like you need. (I have non a/c and electric) But these are nothing more that the smaller ones that are in section 13 of the 1964 shop manual.
I also found a copy of the Student book for the 1964 Training center a/c course. It isn't a lot different than the shop manual either.Just rearranged .The Jan 1964 Roundtable filmstrip " Weather Forcast" also dealt with A/c, but not in as much detail.Warren

Cadillac1955

I wonder if You have and can post a Exploded schematic from any Serviceman manual?? The Master Switch came a little bit later, so I cant locate it in the Shop Manual...
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

Warren Rauch

The term Master Switch does not appear in the 1964 literature. So I'm assuming you are refering to the comfort control panel on the dash. Look at fig.13-17 in the 1964 shop manual. near the center is a blob with the numbers 1 thru 5 on it. That I think is what you are looking for , even though it is labeled "vacuum valve on control head"
In the May 1965 issue of the Serviceman , there is a new kit offered.Part #148 4983 it is called a Master Switch kit for 1964 a/c systems. It calls for using it in cases where the master switch has failed. It does not give details of the kit and says that ,details are included in the kit. Warren