News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Looking for: SoCal Mechanic

Started by Antoni Deighton, April 18, 2011, 06:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoni Deighton

Hi,

I'm located in Thousand Oaks and I'm looking for a mechanic who is knowledgeable and experienced with older Cadillacs, and understands the 429 engine (in my 67 Eldorado) and the 425 (in my 78 Fleetwood Brougham). I'm willing to drive as far north as Ventura, or as far south as Sherman Oaks/Northridge/Encino, based on a good recommendation. Heck, I'd drive even farther for a REALLY good recommendation!

Any forum members willing to share their experiences...?

Thanks,

Antoni

Antoni Deighton - CLC# 25867
1967 Cadillac Eldorado - (Grecian White)
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - (Arizona Beige)
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT - (Bluette)

Herman Desser clc19416

Have you tried Ralph Kaiser in Sylmar?  He is very knowledgeable about the older cars for sure, give hiim a call and ask your questions of him.  He does not have a hugh personality but is very honest and again knowledgeable.

Ralp Kaiser 818 515 4554
11784 Sheldon St
Sylmar, CA 9l352

dolph4golf

Antoni,

I would second the recommendation of Ralph Kaiser. I have used him for quite a few years and he is honest and knowledgeable in my opinion.

Randolph Hane
clc#22326
Randolph Hane
clc# 22326
1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
1953 Eldorado #66
1953 Eldorado #513
1958 Eldorado Biarritz
1960 Eldorado Biarritz
1982 Coupe Deville
2004 Deville
2009 XLR

Steve W

Tyerman's Automotive in Burbank
1420 W Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91506
(818) 846-7291

These guys work on classic, restored, custom, hot rod, race...whatever you have.
They are fast, fair and they know what they are doing.
I needed front-end alignment on my 68 Caddy and couldn't find ANYONE who had a rack big enough to accommodate my car.
Then I called Tyreman's...and they said..."no problem, bring her on down".
Been in love with the place ever since.
www.tyermans.com

Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Antoni Deighton

Herman and Randolph, thank you for recommending Ralph Kaiser. I have called and left him a message and look forward to hearing back from him. Hearing a positive review from two people is very reassuring.
Steve, thanks for the Tyerman's recommendation. I'll be checking out their shop as well. My Eldorado also needs paint, and although I hadn't planned on performing a full restoration (the interior is nearly perfect), the fact is the engine has been causing a lot of problems. In the last two months I've rebuilt the carb, replaced the timing chain, gears, water pump, radiator, and most of the hoses, belts, filters and gaskets. The car is now overheating, but before I pull the heads (or the engine), I'd love to have someone who knows these cars go over it. Many of the '67 parts are one-year-only, and expensive, and I'd like to avoid going through the whole engine replacing one thing at a time!!!
Antoni Deighton - CLC# 25867
1967 Cadillac Eldorado - (Grecian White)
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - (Arizona Beige)
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT - (Bluette)

DavidH

I also live in Thousand Oaks and have a 76 Sedan de Ville.  I used to have  79 Fleetwood as well.  Dana at ACE (805-496-3450) in Thousand Oaks did a great job on my 79 and is very knowledgeable about that era Cadillac.