News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

ebay scammer: hotrodduece32

Started by Dave Ventresca, April 24, 2011, 10:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ventresca

Just want to make everyone aware of a ebay scammer of 50's cadillac parts: hotrodduece32 is his handle. I sent him a few hundred dollars. he told me he was involved with snow plowing during the big storm in Missouri in February, and other excuses and finally quit communicating with me. promised several times to send the parts. and nothing. ... buyer beware!! Dave

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Dave,
Sorry to hear that. I just checked him out. He's still on ebay with only 2 negs & his ratings aren't great...  Have you pursued this with ebay or paypal?
Good luck. Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Jim Beard

With ebay you can get his contact information after you bid on an item or someone bids on your item- http://shop.ebay.com/ebayadvsearch/__W0QQ_advZ1QQ_dmdZ1QQ_ipgZ50QQ_sofindtypeZ9QQ_sopZ12?_rdc=1 . After you get his info if there is no address do a reverse lookup on his phone# and his name to get his address using whitepages.com if you feel like paying him a visit. You can also file a dispute within ebay and if you used paypal you can do it there too and get all your money back.

Dave Shepherd

All the above will work, but the  " visit" can be somewhat more " effective"!

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

That "visit" could also wind up getting you in a lot of trouble.

If you can find out where he lives, contact the local PD and give them your story.
Perhaps they can apply some subtle pressure on him.  I've seen this work before.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region